Tuesday, June 7, 2011

CSA: Week 5

I am ashamed to admit that last week was not a good one for my CSA-motivated cooking.  As much as I like mint, I have not found occasion to use it the last two weeks.  I did use some of the lettuce for a nice salad, and made a lamb stir fry using the spring garlic.  However, the red kale is still hanging around (eventually I will try the kale chip recipes I've seen).  But another week has arrived and I am looking at the following haul:
  • Romaine lettuce
  • Green endive
  • Purple mizuna (I swapped out collard greens to get this)
  • Garlic scapes
  • Cilantro
  • Portabello mushrooms
  • Strawberries
I am planning on making a salad tonight, and I am very excited to try the mizuna and the scapes, as they are entirely new to me.  This week was the first time I used the swap box at my pick-up location.  Basically, you can swap one item you received in your share for one in the box.  I dumped the collard greens and grabbed the mizuna, because I wanted to try something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment