Monday, September 12, 2011

CSA: Week 18, back on the horse

I discovered, during this past week without a CSA delivery, that I have become wholly dependent on that weekly delivery of fresh vegetables and fruit.  I do not shop for fresh produce much anymore; this became apparent when I found myself ordering out a lot this week because I lacked ingredients to make proper meals.  Well, no longer!

This week's shipment is pretty solid:
  • Tatsoi
  • Bok choy
  • Delicata squash
  • Italian eggplant swapped for more bok choy
  • Romaine lettuce swapped for another delicata squash
  • Jalapeno peppers
  • Red beets
  • Flat-leaf parsley
  • Portabello caps
  • Peaches
  • Pears
I have never had tatsoi, so I am excited to give that a try.  As you can see, I also am tired of eggplant, I still do not like lettuce, and I really like the delicata squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment