Friday, September 2, 2011

CSA: Week 17

I have been distracted by deadlines this week, so my CSA post is quite late.  This week's bounty was substantial -- in fact, I gave away a half dozen ears of corn, and still had some to spare.
  • Sweet corn
  • Delicata squash: I really liked this from last week.  I read that it tastes like sweet potato, and this is a good description.  I made a Thai yellow curry last week, I may try something similar with red or green curry this week.
  • Sweet onions
  • Green bell peppers
  • Bok choy: Strangely, the last time I had bok choy was one of the first deliveries of the season.
  • Mixed cherry tomatoes: These have already been combined with the cherry tomatoes from last week, some garlic, white wine, and basil to make a nice fresh tomato sauce.
  • Yukon gold potatoes
  • Peaches
  • Bartlett (I think) pears

No comments:

Post a Comment