Tuesday, July 5, 2011

CSA: Week 9

In an effort to catch up a bit with my CSA produce usage, I made a cherry and blueberry crisp using the sour cherries and some of the blueberries I received over the last two weeks of the CSA.  The fruit filling was delicious, but the crisp part was just okay -- I should have used my normal crisp recipe that I use for my mango pear crisp.  Oh well.  I also roasted all of my new red potatoes with rosemary, thyme, and garlic -- those turned out pretty well too.

This week, I am staring down an impressive list:
  • Green cabbage swapped for pea tendrils
  • Red kale swapped for flat parsley
  • White beets
  • Fennel
  • Broccoli
  • Green bell peppers
  • Red gold potatoes
  • Blueberries
  • White currants
  • Rhubarb
I think I plan on using all of this stuff this week!  The parsley makes my life easier, since it is more garnish/ingredient than principal veggie.  I am excited to try the white beets (after last week's delicious red beets), and I may finally make that blueberry rhubarb crisp (with the good crisp topping).  But what I am going to do with white currants?

No comments:

Post a Comment