Monday, July 18, 2011

CSA: Week 11

What happened to Week 10, you ask?  Well, I was gone most of last week, so I had my dad pick up my fruits and vegetables, and he managed to use a portion of them.  I still had one ear of corn, some delicious plums (for some reason my dad did not think they would be good because they were so small -- whereas I subscribe to the theory that smaller fruit = better fruit, because they have not been bred exclusively to be gigantic), and a few other vegetables.

This week is another story, and I am staring down the barrel of the following summer bounty:
  • Bi-color sweet corn
  • Heirloom carrots
  • Sweet onions
  • Green bell peppers
  • Pea tendrils
  • Cucumber
  • Green cabbage (swapped for white cucumbers)
  • Blackberries
  • Blueberries
  • Peaches
The cucumbers, bell peppers, and carrots scream some sort of non-leafy green salad.  Sweet corn needs nothing else except a pot of boiling water.  But what shall I do with all the summer fruit?  A fruit salad, maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment