Monday, May 23, 2011

CSA: Week 3

Another week, another CSA post.  This week's half-share was much bigger:
  • Romaine lettuce (I gave this away -- too much lettuce for me)
  • Red leaf lettuce
  • Red mustard greens
  • Kale
  • Pea tendrils/sprouts
  • Scallions
  • Shiitake mushrooms
  • The most amazing bunch of mint I've ever smelled
Tonight I already sauteed the red mustard greens (greens only, no stems) with mild Italian sausage and made a nice sausage sandwich (on an Abruzzo seeded Italian baguette) with some bite, based on this recipe.  My plans are to do a stir fry with the mushrooms, scallions, and maybe the pea sprouts, a salad with the remaining lettuce, and roast the kale to make kale chips.  I am not sure what to do with the mint -- a mint pesto with lamb, or perhaps a few mint juleps?  I doubt I'll finish all these vegetables before they go bad, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment