Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fall CSA: Week 6

The fall extension to my CSA nears its end, but the bounty just seems to be getting better:
  • Blue Hokkaido squash
  • Spinach
  • Gold beets
  • Napa cabbage swapped for tatsoi
  • Lacinato kale
  • Bok choy
  • Turnips
  • Onions
  • Sweet potatoes
I made kale chips this week using the previous batch of Lacinato kale, and they were surprisingly good, and nearly insubstantial (it was like handling ancient paper or something).  I oversalted them a little bit, but I will definitely make them again.  I am also looking forward to making something new with the Hokkaido squash -- maybe a soup?

1 comment:

  1. That sounds good! I've considered joining one of these for awhile, but haven't done it yet. I only bought kale once, didn't find a good recipe, and it went bad, but I found a good-sounding kale chip recipe after. I may have to buy again and try it.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse, co-host of the 2012 #atozchallenge! Twitter: @AprilA2Z

    ReplyDelete